Cheryl Cole's divorce relief

Cheryl Cole felt "betrayed" by her estranged husband.

The 'Fight for This Love' hitmaker - who received her decree nisi, the first stage of her divorce from Ashley Cole, last Friday (03.09.10) - is trying to remain positive and learn lessons from the end of her four-year marriage to the soccer star, which ended in February following reports he had cheated on her with several women.

Asked if she felt betrayed, Cheryl told Britain's Vogue magazine: "Yes, definitely I do. But I've got to take everything that's happened and learn from it.

"I accept that that's a chapter of my life that's finished."

Despite her heartbreak, Cheryl admits her situation could have been worse and she is grateful she didn't have a family with Ashley.

She explained: "I've just got to be grateful that I've got so many good things going on. I have. And there's no children, you know?

"Some people's lives fall apart, are turned upside down.

"Of course it's heartbreaking, but it's not anything remotely like it could have been and I'm very, very thankful for that."

The 27-year-old beauty - who is believed to be dating dancer Derek Hough - also admitted she still dreams of having children.

She said: "That's definitely something I want to achieve.

"It's the toughest job in the world, but I know it must be the most rewarding too."

Cheryl and Ashley are reportedly planning to split their assets - including their Surrey mansion - equally, while the Girls Aloud star will take custody of their two dogs, Buster and Coco.

Their decree absolute - which officially ends their marriage - will be granted in six weeks.